Looks like you are a new visitor to this site. Hello!
Welcome to Hope For Film! Come participate in the discussion, and I encourage you to enter your email address in the sidebar and subscribe. It's free! And easy! If you have any suggestions on how to improve this website or suggestions for topics please don't hesitate to write in to any of the blogs.
(If you keep getting this message, you probably have cookies turned off.)
Smash The Box! 10 Things I Wrote In 2013 I Think You Should Read
By Ted Hope
Note: If you’d like to share this post, please use this shortened link: http://bit.ly/1cFNHfs
It’s not enough any more to think outside the box. I think we need to smash the box to bits.
We need a total systems reboot of the indie film infrastructure. And I don’t think we can continue to wait and hope someone else is going to build it for us either.
I have been trying to help however I can help best. Perhaps these posts can be your guide:
- “Say Goodbye To Bizarro World” http://bit.ly/19jleLr
- “How Film Biz Realities Should Change How You Make Films” http://bit.ly/1bjk8ix
- “Alter Your Creative And Entrepreneurial Practice” http://bit.ly/1as3LmL
- “Best Practices For A Sustainable Creative Life” http://bit.ly/1fZTkeY
- “The Really Good Things In #IndieFilm Biz 2013″ http://bit.ly/1ewO8w4
- “The Really Bad Things In #IndieFilm Biz 2013″ http://bit.ly/18A5DN9
- “Five More Qualities Of Better Film” http://bit.ly/1gjyJmd – but you have to make sure to 1st read: “32 Qualities Of Better Film” http://bit.ly/1bwmr6c
- “15 Ways To Build A Sustainable Investor Base For Your Fims” http://bit.ly/JKytyB
- “I Am No Longer Going To Produce Films For My Living” http://bit.ly/JChOgz
- “15 Predictions For The Future Of Film Biz” http://bit.ly/18LXym8
- “Distribution Case Study Masterlist” http://bit.ly/1coSzrQ (Inspired by 2012′s Indie Game the Movie’s Case Study of their distribution: http://www.indiegamethemovie.com/news/2012/10/31/indie-game-the-movie-the-case-study.html ) — but since this is not so much “written” as compiled it doesn’t really count.
- ‘Brave Thinkers & Doers 2013 (IndieFilm Division)” And since, unfortunately, I hadn’t published this yet when I wrote this post, I don’t think it violates my list numbering either. You just will have to wait for next week.
Was there something else I wrote that should be on the list? Please let me know.