Looks like you are a new visitor to this site. Hello!
Welcome to Hope For Film! Come participate in the discussion, and I encourage you to enter your email address in the sidebar and subscribe. It's free! And easy! If you have any suggestions on how to improve this website or suggestions for topics please don't hesitate to write in to any of the blogs.
(If you keep getting this message, you probably have cookies turned off.)
How To Get Ready For That FIlm Festival
You are in, and now you have all sorts of wonderful problems — the kind most filmmakers wish they could enjoy. You know, you have to do all the things you have to do for a film festival. I have tried to collect the various blog posts I have written or have found written by others that will really prepare you. There’s a lot more to be written. But this is a good start:
- “7 Reasons To Release Your Film For Free“; by Todd Sklar; June 21, 2012
- “If I Were A Filmmaker Going To Sundance (aka What Can A Distributor Do For You That You Can’t Do For Yourself With A Little Bit Of Money); by Orly Ravid; Dec 21, 2011
- “The Power Of Free“; by Peter Broderick; May 22, 2012
- “how much money can one’s film make from Festival screening fees?” by The Film Collaborative, December 2013
- “20 Points To Consider In Approaching Your Festival Premiere“; by Jon Reiss; December 21, 2009
- “50 Ways To Sell Your Movie“; by Roger Jackson; December 4, 2012
- “Festival Survival Guide For Filmmakers“ by Nancy Schafer
- “Film Festivals Offer The Life Lessons For Longevity” by Kellie Ann Benz
- “What DO You Want From A Film Festival” by Wendy Mitchell; October 21, 2013
Producers’ Rep (aka Sales Rep):
- “16+Thoughts On Picking A Producers’ Rep” August 1, 2012
- “Indie Film Publicists List” (Needs an update!); Dec 4, 2009.
- “How To Do A Festival Q&A” by Scott Macauley; Dec 3, 2012
- Why Do Film Festivals Reject Good Films?” by Anthony Kaufman; October 31, 2013
- “Why Did My Film Not Get In?” by Jon Gann; February 22, 2013
- “Breaking The Rules: To Screen Or Not To Screen Before Your Festival Premiere“; by Steven Beer;
- “Top 10 Twitter Tips For Filmmakers“; by Thom Powers
- “12 Steps To A Saner Festival Game Plan“; by Dan Mirvish; Sept. 3, 2013
- “5 Tips For Filmmmakers On How To Navigate Film Festivals“; by Tom Hall; Sept. 20,2013.
IF YOU KNOW OF OTHER REALLY GOOD POSTS TO HELP PEOPLE PREP FOR FESTIVALS, Please share them here!!!